In 1926, the Franklin King Jr. Insurance Agency was opened in Haydenville, Massachusetts., with the philosophy of providing professional advice supported by honesty and integrity. In 1932, the office moved to Northampton. In 1947, Frank Jr. teamed with Albert Cushman, then president of Northampton National Bank, to form what is known today as King & Cushman, Inc. In 1957, Frank Jr’s son, Frank III, joined the firm looking to continue the family tradition.
In 1969, Franklin King Jr. retired leaving Frank III to take over as president. King & Cushman acquired the Francis P. Lyons Insurance Agency in 1986 and moved to its current location at the corner of King & Finn Streets.
In 1989, Scott A. King, joined the business after working as a Commercial Underwriter at the Hanover Insurance Company. In 1997 Frank III retired and Scott King was appointed President of King & Cushman Insurance. With renewed strength and stability, King & Cushman has become a leader in the technological revolution in the insurance industry. Our commitment today remains the same as in 1926…..provide professional advice supported by honesty, and integrity.